- Master branch checks are green
- Create a new draft release
- Bump the version based on SemVer guidelines.
- Make sure the version is
vsucceeded by the SemVer number. Example:
- If the change includes a migration, it is considered a new feature, and the minor version needs to be bumped.
- Verify that the GoReleaser actions triggered by the new draft release completes successfully.
- Update the release notes (after goreleaser auto-generated list)
- Remove test and documentation related stuff
- Try to sort the list by importance
- Update the description of items if needed so the reader will understand better what this release changes
- Migration should be noted and documented outside the changelog (check the changelog for migrate: prefix):
- How to run the migration if needed
- Whether lakeFS service needs to be down while migration is running (backward compatibility)
- Uncheck ‘This is a pre-release’
- Update charts repository (PR, Approve and Commit)
- Bump the
versionpatch level (
appVersionto the lakeFS version (
- Bump the